Monday, November 3, 2008

Couture Cutee is in da building!!!




I see those other two clowns wanted to leave me out but A-K is here....and I ain't going no where (got that Denzel?). Apparently blogging is the 'hip' thing to do so I guess I'll follow suit and support Leche's new venture and share a bit of my intellect (*clears throat*).

So your girl is fresh outta college (B.A. in Media Communication & Advertising/Marketing braaaaaaaaaaaapppp) and now totally immersed in somewhat of a corporate grind. I hated waking up for my 11:00 a.m. classes so now I'm slowly dying every time my alarm rings at 6:00 a.m. I guess its not so bad since since I'm making money (not Arab money) but taxes are a bitch! I feel like I should totally be sticking to a budget and saving for a 'rainy day' but it really doesn't seem to be going that way. First of all who the hell came up with that ridiculous phrase anyway? On rainy days I'm not out and about spending the money I've 'saved'. When it rains I wanna stay home...lay in bed and...do grown people things...lmao. I'm not saving as much as I should be but I'm being somewhat responsible, trying to make my student loan payments, pay my credit cardsssss and all that good stuff. But your girl works hard.....very hard and I deserve to be treated like a princess!

Bi-weekly manicures, pedicures, facials, getting your hair done, etc. are not even an option they're necessities. Every 'hot gyal' knows that so I'm not even gonna go there. And yea I know you fellas like that shit too....don't front. Luckily I'm a New Yorker which allows me to spend my 'savings' on unneccesary items without being frowned upon. Because as a New Yorker, its imperative that you 'splurge' every once in a while. I like to call it 'retail therapy' or 'releasing my inner materialism. God forbid I have a stressful week at work....its straight to the stores come Friday at 6 p.m. I've already created my holiday wishlist (...new Louis bag, Robin jeans *drool*).


Certain friends of mine (*clears throat*) that will remain nameless seem to think that I act very diva-esque and therefore I'm HOLLYWOOD! Well I've earned the right to be that way....I'm smart, successful and a very valuable asset if I do say so myself

So yea, the new plan for 2009 (after I get the holiday wishlist) is to stick to the budget...save, save, save (we'll see how that works out).

Now let's go out there tomorrow and make history to elect the first black president of the free world...Barack Obama! Head mek Book no seh nuttin...everyting connect...bung bang!

No comments: